METZELER riders lead E1, E3 and Junior classes after the fifth round in Sweden
The second half of the 2016 FIM Enduro World Championship has started at Enkoping, Sweden with very positive results for all METZELER riders running MCE 6 DAYS EXTREME tyres. METZELER dominates the E1 class with Eero Remes, the E3 with Steve Holcombe and the Junior with Giacomo Redondi while also fighting for first place in Enduro GP and E2. Matthew Phillips is currently leading the Enduro GP classification, followed by METZELER riders Eero Remes (TM Racing) and Steve Holcombe (Beta Factory Racing).
In E1, after the double in his home round, the Finn Eero Remes, running MCE 6 DAYS EXTREME tyres, conquered in Sweden, clinching a ninth straight victory and a second place in race 2 out of ten races putting him on 197 points in the championship, 30 points ahead of the other METZELER rider, Nathan Watson (KTM Factory Racing), the winner of Sunday’s race on the Enkoping track.
After an unlucky weekend on Finnish ground, the American Taylor Robert (KTM Factory Racing) now has 146 points in the overall standings, 43 points from Phillips, thanks to a double second place in Sweden.
METZELER’s supremacy in E3 continues with Steve Holcombe (Beta Factory Racing), who signed off a wonderful double in Sweden and a victory at the first round in Finland. The 21-year-old rider from the UK leads the overall standings with 178 points, ahead of the other Beta Factory Racing rider, Johnny Aubert.
Italian Giacomo Redondi (Honda RedMoto World Enduro Team), also a METZELER rider, made it ten wins out of ten races for 200 points at the end of the fifth racing weekend of this season.
Current Championship Points after the first five rounds:
1) PHILLIPS Matthew (Sherco/ Michelin) 159
2) REMES Eero (TM/ Metzeler) 151
3) HOLCOMBE Steve (Beta/ Metzeler) 138
1) REMES Eero (TM/ Metzeler) 197
2) WATSON Nathan (KTM/ Metzeler) 167
3) MCCANNEY Daniel (Husqvarna/ Michelin) 111
1) PHILLIPS Matthew (Sherco/ Michelin) 189
2) ROBERT Taylor (KTM/ Metzeler) 146
3) BELLINO Mathias (Husqvarna/ Michelin) 144
1) HOLCOMBE Steve (Beta/ Metzeler) 178
2) AUBERT Johnny (Beta/ Metzeler) 163
3) BASSET Antoine (KTM/ Metzeler) 154
1) REDONDI Giacomo (Honda/ Metzeler) 200
2) ELOWSON Albin (Husqvarna/ Michelin) 136
3) VENTURA Diogo (Gas Gas/ Metzeler) 117