Taking travel enduro motorcycles even further in 2019
KTM’s 790 ADVENTURE R is an all-new in-line 2-cylinder ADVENTURE bike developed in conjunction with KTM’s Dakar winning machine, the KTM 450 RALLY. Not yet in production, this new bike will see the wishes of customers and dealers come to reality.
Some hardcore riders have already been given the opportunity to put an early pre-production version of the KTM 790 ADVENTURE R under the magnifying glass. One of these riders is Chris Birch – eight-time New Zealand Enduro Champion, three-time winner of the Roof of Africa and winner of the Red Bull Romaniacs in 2010.
Built in KTM’s signature READY TO RACE style and DNA, the lightweight KTM 790 ADVENTURE R has been designed to offer not only the look of a rally bike, but also the performance and functionality to fully live up to its image. This bike is aimed at enduro riders who want to push further than ever before, without ever taking the easy route.
Chris Birch after testing the new bike:“I’m completely thrilled with the new KTM 790 ADVENTURE R. Of course I have a lot of experience on enduro bikes and I know about the talents of the big volume KTM ADVENTURE models, but this new bike feels like the perfect mix of both. I only tested a prototype, but it feels fantastic. I cannot wait to swing a leg over the finished product! “
KTM PR Manager – Street, Luke Brackenbury , said:“… this new KTM will be the most performance-focused mid-range travel enduro on the market, with specifications that will outshine even those with much larger displacement”.
All details about this bike will be announced at EICMA in Milan on November 6, 2018.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE KTM 790 ADVENTURE R:
- Fueled by the new 799cc KTM LC8c Series 2 Cylinder, which has been tuned for more torque than the KTM 790 DUKE
- Range of over 400 km – for true adventure
- Low seat height for ultimate control in all situations
- Low-mounted fuel tank for optimum center of gravity
- Front and rear fully adjustable suspension from WP with long travel and PDS strut
- Radially mounted front 4-piston callipers with ABS and off-road ABS options
- Adjustable ergonomics to suit riders and riding situations
- Spoked wheels in real off-road dimensions for optimum selection of tires
- LED lighting all around
- Extensive package of rider assistance systems, incl. Tilt sensors and riding modes
- Wide range of KTM PowerParts developed together with the bike for all requirements