Mende, France – June 9, 2018 — The Trèfle Lozérien AMV delivered more dramatic action at the third stop of the World Enduro Super Series as day one winner Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha – FRA) crashed out, allowing Emmanuel Albepart (Yamaha – FRA) to charge to victory. After Bourgeois pushed through for the win on the opening day of racing, his luck turned sour on the second day’s second special test. Albepart took control of the proceedings and provisionally leads the overall standings heading into the third and final day of racing.
Feeling at home during the morning’s slippery conditions, Bourgeois set the fastest time in the opening special test ahead of Albepart by just nine thousandths of a second, with top Junior talent Theo Espinasse (Sherco – FRA) a further one-second back in third. But the standings were turned on their head following test two when Bourgeois exited the race with an injured leg. Grabbing a test win, Espinasse brought the fight to Albepart who placed third fastest. Watch video.
Results: WESS Round 3 – Trèfle Lozérien AMV, Day 2
- Emmanuel Albepart (Yamaha – FRA) 17:50.945;
- Theo Espinasse (Sherco – FRA) 17:51.132;
- Julien Gauthier (Yamaha – FRA) 17:52.872;
- Loic Larrieu (Yamaha – FRA) 17:56.210;
- Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 18:02.232;
- Johnny Aubert (Gas Gas – FRA) 18:13.484;
- Jeremy Miroir (Husqvarna – FRA) 18:19.245;
- Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 18:22.379;
- Jonny Walker (KTM – GB) 18:24.622;
- Pierre Vissac (Beta – FRA) 18:24.866…